Pupil Premium funding is allocated to schools to help support children who are eligible for Free School Meals. Your child may be eligible for Free School Meals (and additional Pupil Premium funding for the school to support your child) if you or your partner are receiving any of the following benefits:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by HM Revenue and Custom
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
By applying for Free School Meals your child will not only receive a free meal but additional funding will be given to the school to provide additional support and resources.
The Pupil Premium Grant